How To Encrypt A Flash Drive
- Flash drive is a great tool for you personally to bring your file anytime you go without having to take the whole PC along. The bad thing is, Flash drive is small in size and might often be misplaced or stolen by others. When such incident takes place, the worst thing that you might want to happen is to let some others access the sensitive data, and perhaps do something harmful with them.
- If we carry business information on a flash drive and it gets stolen or lost, the resulting data breach can be disastrous. This is why we should carry the information on an
encrypted flash drive.
- With the help of idoo USB Encryption, we are able to divide the flash drive into two separate areas, the secure area and the public area. The safe area can be only opened by entering the correct password, while the public area need not, and it is just like any flash drive that are not encrypted. More than convenient, the encrypted flash drive can be used on any PC without installing extra programs, and what we need is to remember the password. Once our encrypted flash drive were lost or lent to other people, the data in safe area cannot be accessed unless people's got the right code. This offers an effective way to protect the data store in flash drive.
- In order to avoid any unnecessary loss, please do remember the password you have set, there would be no one could crack the password!
How to encrypt a flash drive on windows
- 1. Insert the flash drive that you want to password protect into the USB port of your computer.
- 2. Choose the drive and set the size of encryption area will be created, and click "install" to input password.
- 3. Click "Yes" button to start creating encryption area to protect USB disc.
- 4. Click "Ok" button to successful to create protected area in the flash drive.
- 5. Double-click the icon, and input the password (which you set in Step 2). Click "Open.
- 6. Once the secure area is opened, directly drag the files into it, and the encryption will be automatically processed.(Learn more)
- Windows 7 8 10 32/64-bit
- Windows Vista 32/64-bit
- Windows XP 32/64-bit
- Windows 2000
- Windows Server 2000 32/64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 32/64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 32/64-bit