How to Lock A Folder On Windows 10
- Locking and encrypting a certain file or folder is probably the best way to keep it safe, so only you can access that file or folder. However, Windows doesn't develop the function of Password Protection. For that, we have to install third party software.
- idoo File Encryption may be of help if your computer is made use of by others. It offers a vast file encryption such as lock, hide, deny read, shredder and lots more.
- For example, when one continuously tries to login to your own personal computer with the wrong password, you'll be sent an email alert. However, in order to prevent further trial, the program shuts down the PC. In addition, it provides you with the ability to keep a check on all your files and drives. A report on the all the accesses and the running of the program will be sent to you. With the report you can determine if an unauthorized access had taken place and take any necessary step to prevent further access.
How to lock a folder
or password protect files on windows 10
- Choose "
Lock File" from "Hard Disk" on the left menu. Click "
Lock Folder" to add the folder you want to lock. Similarly, you may also lock file files or local drives by adding them to the list from "Lock File" or "Lock Partition".
- The access to the locked file folders, files and hard drives will be restricted, and they can only be accessed by entering the correct password.
- If you want to get more info of how to hide, lock and deny write or monitor files/folders/hard drives and the programs, please check it here: Learn More
- Windows 7 8 10 32/64-bit
- Windows Vista 32/64-bit
- Windows XP 32/64-bit
- Windows 2000
- Windows Server 2000 32/64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 32/64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 32/64-bit