How to lock a folder
- Finding out how to prevent a security breach can be overwhelming. There are hundreds of ways that hackers, patients, and employees can steal data if he or she want, and a lot organizations don't have the time or money to try to address them. Luckily, we're able to learn from the problems of other folks!
- If you need to lock or password protect some folders inside your own laptop or computer you don't have many choices at this time, bellow you have the hard way - doing this manually and the simple way - using a idoo File Encryption software.
- idoo File Encryption can not only
lock a folder
, but also provides the full range of file encryption, hide, deny read, shredder and a lot more. However, that's not all. This Encryption Software is packed together with superb features you may find incredibly useful. Such as, if someone attempts to log in again and again without the correct password, you will get an e-mail notification. In the mean time, the software program shuts down in order to stop further attempts.
- In addition to that it offers you a unique function to easily keep an eye on all your data and drives. You'll receive a comprehensive record about all accesses to files together with the running of software programs. A quick check lets you be aware if any unauthorized access has taken place. You will be able to quickly follow up and then prevent access before huge damage could happen.
- How to lock a folder, file or hard disk
- Select "Lock File" from "Hard Disk" on the left menu. Then click "
Lock Folder" to add some folder you need to lock. Similarly, you might also lock files or local drives by adding these to the list from "Lock File" or "Lock Partition".
- The access to the locked files, folders and HDD will be limited, and they can only be accessed simply by entering the right security password.
- How to monitor the folders or the HDD
- Choose "Monitor" from "Hard Disk" on the left list. Click "Add" to add the folders or hard drives you would like to monitor.
- Click "Advanced Settings" and set the filters and notifications, users may supervise the operation on any file folders and hard disks more efficiently and exactly. To view the latest monitor log by clicking "Refresh".
- How to lock folder or file in external storage devices
- Choose "Lock File" from "External Disk" on the left menu. Just click "Lock Folder" or "Lock File" to add the folders or files in the external storage device you should lock. And then, Click "Lock" and set the password to secure the folders and files.
- How to lock the shared folders
- Choose "Lock File" from "Shared Folder" on the left menu. Simply click "Lock" to add the shared folders you want to lock. After that, click "Lock" and set the password to complete.
- How to set the e-mail alarm
- Please click "Settings" on the left menu then just click "Self Protect" from the list, and you will find optional methods to provide versatile protection to the data. And users also can change password or supervise the programs in "Settings".
- Windows 7 8 10 32/64-bit
- Windows Vista 32/64-bit
- Windows XP 32/64-bit
- Windows 2000
- Windows Server 2000 32/64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 32/64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 32/64-bit