How To Password Protect A ZIP Files
- ZIP is a popular archive format widely using in the Internet. 7-Zip is an open-source software used to compress or zip files secured with encryption, but it also brings us a lot of inconveniences. For example, the zip file names to be easily viewed by others and passwords can not be easily managed. However, we have to input the password every time when we try to open it, and we may forget our long and complicated password sometimes, especially those files that are not frequently used. Then it brings us lots of troubles. How to password protect a ZIP file?
- idoo File Encryption is a tool that could provide comprehensive and flexible protection to your files and folders, and you can lock, hide folders and files according to our needs. Like a zip file, it can encrypt files. The files can be encrypted into *.gfl or *.exe file, and the ".gfl" is only supported by idoo File Encryption, ie. PC cannot open the gfl file without installing idoo File Encryption and the password. And you might also monitor folders and the programs anywhere by remote supervision. It is possible to set the simultaneous monitor for our programs, hard drive, files, folders as you want, and export the login or any operation records to a txt file. A password can be set to avoid unwanted file change, as well as change data to read-only. It utilizes the 256-bit AES on-the-fly encryption algorithm, which is the most sophisticated encryption technology presently. And idoo File Encryption software is easy to operate, even for beginners. How to monitor custom log files under windows? How to password protect a ZIP file?
- How to lock, hide ZIP file
- Choose "Lock File" from "Hard Disk" on the left menu. Click "Lock File" to add the ZIP files you want to lock. Similarly, you may also lock file folders or local drives by adding them to the list from "Lock Folder" or "Lock Partition".
- The access to the locked ZIP files, file folders and hard drives will be restricted, and they can only be accessed by entering the correct password.
- 3. How to hide the local files, folders or HDD
- Run idoo File Encryption, and select "Hide File" from "Hard Disk" on the left menu.
- Please click "Hide File" to add the ZIP files you would like to hide. In the same manner, you can even hide file folders or local drives by adding those to the list from "Hide Folder" or "Hide Partition".
- By selecting the hidden files, file folders or the HDD and only click "Show", the hide function can be simply canceled.
- 4. How to Monitor ZIP file changes in windows
- Choose "Monitor" from "Hard Disk" on the left menu. Click "Add" to add the hard drives or ZIP folders you would like to monitor.
- Click "Advanced Settings" and set the filters and notifications, users may supervise the operation on any file folders and hard disks more efficiently and exactly. To view the latest monitor log by clicking "Refresh".
- 5. How to set the e-mail alarm
- Please click "Settings" on the left menu then just click "Self Protect" from the list, and you will find optional methods to provide versatile protection to the data. And users also can change password or supervise the programs in "Settings". (More Info)
- Windows 7 8 10 32/64-bit
- Windows Vista 32/64-bit
- Windows XP 32/64-bit
- Windows 2000
- Windows Server 2000 32/64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 32/64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 32/64-bit