Password Protect Excel Files
- Sometimes, we protect our files by the password function of some word processing software, for instance, the Microsoft Office. This method is pretty good, and security is also satisfying. But, we need to enter the password every time if we attempt to open it, and also we may forget our long and complicated password sometimes, especially those documents that are not frequently used. Then this brings us lots of troubles. The most obvious drawback of this method is that the excel file is visiable to anyone, and the excel file is also can be copied and cracked. The problem can be easily solved by adopting third-party encryption software.
- idoo Private Disk is a virtual disk creation that could secure files by keeping them self contained. This software can be secured to make certain they can not be discovered by others. The virtual disk technology takes care of incoming and outgoing data which means your file encryption process is handled automatically. This could be mounted just like any other drive. This Private Disk software allows you to create, modify, or delete private virtual disks. If you want a password to protect excel files, you can put these excel files into private virtual disks.
- idoo File Encryption Software provides the complete range of file encryption, hide, deny read, shredder, and many more. It brings users a particular method to monitor the data. You can set passwords to prevent unauthorized file changes, as well as change excel files to read-only. The software makes it possible for users to monitor the excel files and hard disks efficiently and effectively by recording every single access to files and running of software programs. It adopts the 256-bit AES on-the-fly encryption algorithm, which is the most advanced encryption technology presently.
- idoo File Encryption software is easy to use, even for beginners.
How to password protect excel files? Please follow the instructions below to
password protect Excel files
. If you need more information of its working principle or how to select the a suitable product, please check here: "Learn More".
- How to use idoo File Encryption
- 1. Run the setup program.
- 2. Set a password for your account of idoo File Encryption Pro.
- Then follow the prompts to complete installation.
- [Tip] 1. Be sure to remember your password or keep it in a safe place, because you can not run this program without it.
- 2. If you have installed idoo File Encryption Pro on your computer and you want to install idoo File Encryption Pro, please uninstall idoo File Encryption Pro, reboot your system, then install idoo File Encryption Pro.
- How to encrypt files or file folders
- Choose "Encrypt File" ② from "Common" ① on the left menu. Then click "Add Files" ③ to add the excel files you should secure. In the same manner, you can also secure file folders by adding them to the list from "Add Folders". The files or folders can be encrypted into *.gfl or *.exe file, users may click the corresponding icon and set the file name, path, and password to create an encrypted excel file.
- How to lock files, folders, and drives
- Click "Lock File" from "Hard Disk" on the left menu. Then choose "Lock File" to add your excel files you need to lock. Similarly, you might also lock folders or local drives by adding these to the list from "Lock Folder" or "Lock Partition".
- The access to the locked excel files, folders and HDD will be limited, and they can only be accessed simply by entering the right security password.
- How to monitor the folders or the HDD
- Choose "Monitor" from "Hard Disk" on the left list. Click "Add" to add the folders or hard drives you would like to monitor.
- Click "Advanced Settings" and set the filters and notifications, users may supervise the operation on any file folders and hard disks more efficiently and exactly. To view the latest monitor log by clicking "Refresh".
- How to lock excel file or folder in external storage devices
- Choose "Lock File" from "External Disk" on the left menu. Just click "Lock Filer" or "Lock Folder" to add the files or folder in the external storage device you should lock. And then, Click "Lock" and set the password to secure the files and folders.
- How to lock the shared folders
- Choose "Lock File" from "Shared Folder" on the left menu. Simply click "Lock" to add the shared folders you want to lock. After that, click "Lock" and set the password to complete.
- How to set the e-mail alarm
- Please click "Settings" on the left menu then just click "Self Protect" from the list, and you will find optional methods to provide versatile protection to the data. And users also can change password or supervise the programs in "Settings".
- Windows 7 8 10 32/64-bit
- Windows Vista 32/64-bit
- Windows XP 32/64-bit
- Windows 2000
- Windows Server 2000 32/64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 32/64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 32/64-bit